So we had this little shindig this past weekend, okay, so a big shindig - the wedding! I will not bother to recount every detail of the day, though if you want me to, that would make me quite happy! However, as you must realize by now I like lists. Below are a few from the wedding day to tell you a bit about April 4, 2009:
Top 10 funniest moments:
1. Jeremy saying that he blessed the rings instead of blessing Israel in the ceremony.
Jeremy: And g-d bless these rings
Rabbi: Israel, Jeremy. G-d bless Israel, not rings.
Rings are lovely, but we don't need to bless them. They are sparkly all on their own, no blessing necessary.
2. For those of you who were not at the rehearsal dinner, you may not know that Jeremy was the youngest winner of the WCCO Good Neighbor award for his 'work at Meadowbrook elementary school'. Yes, he hung out with the ladies in the office and helped them sort papers. Art found the tape and replayed his award winning announcement.
3. Apparently it is not easy to bustle a dress. I found myself in the middle of the cocktail hour in the bathroom with Debra trying to fix my dress. She couldn't get it so my accountant's wife (who also happens to be one of Jer's high school teachers) and her mom had to climb UNDER my dress to bustle it. Hot.
4. Jer jumped the gun a bit and proclaimed: I DO ....and all the rabbi had said was, "Do you take..." In his defense it was a bit of a pregnant pause, but regardless!
5. Dave Weil - announced he had changed his ways and would not be the drunkest at the reception. 4 hours later, you could find Dave Weil in the bathroom, face down.
6. SeXXXy limo lived up to expectations - it had neon lights coming out of the bottom!
7. Our photographer decided to take us to, "a nearby location with great architecture". Turns out it was Welsh Companies - my former employer. Oh yea, took pics at good ol Welsh.
8. We did not face plant during our dance. That may not seem funny, but really - it was a small miracle and must be mentioned - The dancing gods were looking down on us.
9. Apparently my father is going out to New York to visit Jeremy's college friends. Or so they told me. Wonder how my mom's going to feel about that one.... :-)
10. And the single funniest moment of the day was when Jeremy realized in rehearsal that he was not tall enough to get my veil over my head in the ceremony. He couldn't reach. No worries, my mom was tall enough to reach. She lifted it off.
The #1 most common comment of the night: You look beautiful, I LOVE your blog!
This comment came from people ranging in age from 15-86. That makes me so happy!!! I am so thrilled people are reading it! It you continue reading, I will continue writing. I even have a name for my new blog ....
Kara was Weinblatt.blogspot.com
Like it??? I'm sure I'll find nonsense to write about it my audience remains. Sally Shiff says she's going to work on a business plan for a book deal...publish the blog?! I'm not entirely sure who would want to read my craziness, but maybe, heck, you all read it, and I like you guys. Well most of you. KIDDING. All of you. usually.
On a final note: We leave for Thailand tomorrow morning. I will try my best to blog from Thailand. I am feeling like quite the ignorant traveler at this moment. I am fairly decent at languages, but Thai, I just can't get. I have however learned 2 critical phrases.
#1. Help, I have diarrhea.
#2. These drugs aren’t mine. (This one I know because it was on the Thai app for my iphone - why, I have no clue)
Keep watching the blog, hopefully I can update. I love you all. More wedding details will be shared after we get back. For now, thank you all - you really don't know how much it means to me that you read this. May seem silly, but I really do love to hear that.