So....there's a contest on today's blog! Keep reading until the end and enter, and you could win a 3 piece Freschetta storage set (tupperware style set - they sent me one, it's awesome) and a coupon for FREE Freschetta by the slice pizza!
Freschetta by the Slice is essentially Freschetta pizza....but just one slice (I guess that's self explanatory), and is prepared in the microwave. I was a bit nervous about microwave pizza, but am never one to turn down free stuff. I choose the BBQ Chicken flavor (other flavors include Veggie medley, Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom and 6 Cheese). I do have to say, one criticism was the flavor choice. I'm a bit of a traditionalist in this category and would have liked to see a simple cheese, or pepperoni. I get what they are going for, but I think they could be simplified a bit.
Here's the down and dirty:
* It did not taste microwaved at all, tasted quite fresh and crispy
*Chicken was surprisingly fresh and good
* Easy and convenient to make
* Portion controlled, really, should anyone eat an ENTIRE pizza? No. But a lot of people do. Instead, try a piece of pizza....with some veggies on the side!
* Flavors were a bit over-complicated. I would have liked something more simple.
* It was hard to find. Right now it is only available at Walmart in Minnesota. I went there to find it, but we are a Target family....so I had a hard time with that. :-)
*The BBQ sauce was fairly sweet.
Overall he thought it was a great option to have in the freezer when you need a quick lunch or dinner. Nutrition facts were a bit high for a lunch, but if paired with a salad or some other vegetable, it would be a great option.
GIVEAWAY! WIN IT!
One lucky reader will win a smaller 3 piece version of the Freschetta storage system plus a coupon for a complementary Freschetta By The Slice pizza!
To enter this contest, leave a comment on this post by April 13th, 2011 at 12:00pm CST. This contest is open to U.S. ADDRESSES ONLY. Please leave your email address. I will choose one (1) winner using Random.org and will be announced as a comment on this post. The winners will also be notified by email and/or through a comment on their blog (if available).