I have volunteered for several years for an organization based in Minneapolis called the Jeremiah Program (http://www.jeremiahprogram.org/) It is an incredible organization that works to break the cycle of poverty for young, single mothers. Jeremiah provides a holistic support system for women of high-potential seeking higher education, including affordable housing, Life Skills education, Empowerment training and early childhood education for their children.
I love the premise of Jeremiah, and I have enjoyed getting to know the mothers and spending time with their babies. They are completely inspiring and they are true examples of the power of education.
So...one of the things I do for Jeremiah is to help plan the annual Bullfrog Bash. This event is attended by 700+ guests and is held at the Depot in Minneapolis (November 12, 2011). I am planning the silent auction portion of this event for the 3rd year, and am looking for silent auction donations....
So...if you like reading my blog (which I hope you do), please donate to our silent auction! Even if you don't live in Minnesota, please consider donating. Out of state items (vacation homes, chef dinners at restaurants, actual items) are so greatly appreciated. Or, if you would like to attend the event either individually, or consider sponsoring a table, let me know and I can help you with that as well.
The sky is the limit in terms of silent auction donations, think creatively...here are some ideas....
- Private tour of a fire department with a fire fighter and a ride on the truck
- Tech items (iPad, kindle, Kinekt etc...)
- Donate your vacation home/cabin for a week
- Gift certificates
- Tour of a police department/government office/courthouse and activity with the person
- Anyone know retired Gopher/Twins/Vikings/Wild/Olympic athletes? Lunch with an athlete
- A round of golf at XYZ country club
- Private Yoga/Pilates/spin class and cocktails for a group of friends
(Did I say pretty please yet?)
Thank you very much,