The perfect chocolate chip cookie.
Yes folks, that's what life is all about. You heard it here first. Maybe life really is just about a perfect little cookie. Well in my world it is. And my mom's world too.
And because I love my blog readers. And because I hate secrets. I will share it with you.
Make them, enjoy. Try not to eat the whole batch. Enjoy life.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon corn starch (yes, this sounds odd...but it is the KEY ingredient)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Chocolate Chips (I prefer milk chocolate...or you can use chocolate chips AND m&m's as pictured above)
- PREHEAT oven to 370° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.