They asked us if we had heard of the name test.
We looked at eachother quizically, trying to figure out if we should say...
"Yes!" - though we had no idea what it was, and the lie would be hard to keep up
"No..." - and look like uninformed parents-to-be
or Option C...which was the one we selected, which was sit there stone cold silent and awkward.
And then they informed us about the name test. Basically, it's a list of phrases, where you insert your potential baby name, to see if it will work.
When we were naming our dogs, we spent a lot of time trying out...PUNKY GO POTTY. Or....STANLEY GO TO YOUR SPOT.
So, clearly, you should do it with your child too. And I now present you with...the name test!
(Insert your potential baby name)
- Jane, could you please set the table?
- I am not joking around Jane, this is really important to me!
- Jane--Jane! Are you listening to me!?!
- Hello, Johnson Inc. this is Jane.
- Jane Smith, come on down! You're the next contestant!
- Hey Jane. How are you doing?
- Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jane Smith.
- Jane! Pick up your toys. I am not going to ask you again.
- I am at Jane Smith's house.
- Do you Jane Smith take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?
- I talked to Jane this afternoon.
- I am sorry, Jane isn't here right now. Can I take a message?
- You'll have to see Jane Smith about that. She will know what to do.
- Yes? Jane? Do you have a question?
- Mr. Smith, if Jane would consistently turn her homework in--on time--she would be one of my star pupils.
- Would passenger Jane Smith please see the nearest ticket agent?
- Jane. Is that you?
- And the winner is... Jane Smith!
- Mommy! Jane ate my cookie!
- Hello, you've reached the voice mail of Jane Smith. I am away from my desk right now. Please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.
- Jane, it's not the end of the world. It's just a car. You are more important than a car.
- Jane, I love you!
- Write back soon. Your Friend, Jane
- Does Jane like avocado?
- Jane, it's time for dinner.
- Jane, Smith. Spelled J-A-N-E.
- Oh, there you are Jane . I've been looking all over for you!
p.s. we are not naming the Franklet Jane Smith.